During this briefing, panelists discussed the mechanisms of pharmaceutical rebates in Medicare Part D and commercial insurance. The audience left with more information on the origins of the rebate system, the actors responsible for negotiation, and the impact of rebates on prescription drug prices.
- Gerard Anderson, Ph.D., professor, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School Public Health
- Lida Etemad, PharmD, M.S., vice president, Pharmacy Management Strategies
- Lance Grady, vice president, Avalere Health
- Jack Hoagley, Ph.D., M.A., research professor emeritus, Georgetown University Health Policy Institute
- Ross Margulies, J.D., MPH, associate, Foley Hoag LLP