Summary of Responsibilities
The Alliance for Health Policy seeks a creative, self-motivated individual to join our team as a communications and marketing assistant. This person will play a key role in promoting the mission of the Alliance by creating marketing collateral, helping to grow the Alliance audience, and aiding us in achieving our mission to provide high-quality, unbiased, nonpartisan programming for federal policymakers and health care leaders, including members of Congress, congressional and executive branch staff, media, and health policy stakeholders.
Joining a small and robust team of health policy leaders, the communications and marketing assistant will report to the assistant director of external affairs and will:
- Work closely with the assistant director of external affairs in developing and executing a comprehensive marketing and outreach strategy;
- Maintain and manage lists of Alliance’s key audience contacts including media, health policy stakeholders, academics, congressional staff, and others;
- Develop collateral and other sources of marketing material to assist in efforts to maximize event attendance, sponsorship solicitation, and general awareness about the Alliance;
- Create, manage and execute all electronic mailings for event announcements and organization updates;
- Coordinate with members of the Alliance team on organization wide projects, and create and execute communication schedules;
- Manage and maintain the Alliance’s website which includes creating new pages, posting new content, and proactively providing general ideas for improvement;
- Regularly and proactively engage with online audiences, assist with media monitoring efforts, and interpret analytics and metrics;
- Identify new opportunities for marketing, branding strategy, and audience engagement;
- Conduct outreach to Washington and national media outlets, as needed;
- Be responsible for logistics in hosting six to eight webinars via the Go To Webinar platform;
- Serve as a liaison with communications and marketing vendors or consultants;
- Draft correspondence, copy edit and proofread materials as requested; and
- Provide general support for the team, as needed.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience in communications and marketing with a self-motivated style, an obsessive attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. The ideal candidate will possess an ability to prioritize work on multiple and concurrent projects, understand the communications strategies used in Washington, DC and have excellent organizational skills.
The Communications and Marketing Assistant should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years’ experience rated to communications and marketing required;
- Demonstrated interest in U.S. health policy;
- A proficient understanding of the English language and grammar;
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects;
- An ability to process and manage data and lists in Microsoft Excel;
- Professionalism, efficiency, and demonstrated commitment to consistently high-quality, thorough work;
- Familiarity with graphic design and photo editing software;
- Demonstrated experience in electronic mailings with Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, or another platform;
- Ability to execute online webinars via Go To Webinar or WebEx is desirable;
- Ability to learn new digital technology platforms quickly and efficiently;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, CSS, HTML, or Java Script a plus.
About the Alliance
The Alliance for Health Policy is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping policymakers understand the foundations of health policy, the roots of the nation’s health care issues and the trade-offs posed by various proposals for change. For 25 years, the Alliance has not only been informing key health policy decision-makers, but also bringing together the larger health policy community to advance dialogue on challenging health policy issues. The Alliance has conducted hundreds of briefings on Capitol Hill on timely and important health policy topics. Our events are among the most widely respected and well-attended inside the Beltway, regularly drawing audiences of 200 or more congressional and agency staff, media, and health policy stakeholders. We do not advocate, lobby, or take positions on policy issues, ensuring our unique reputation as an unbiased, nonpartisan honest broker when it comes to clarifying health policy issues. Whether they are new to health policy or seasoned experts, our audience looks to the Alliance as the trusted source of health policy information.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and salary range to email@example.com no later than Monday, November 6, 2017. No phone inquiries please.