Summary of Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will be a critical part of the Alliance team. Our ability to accomplish our mission to foster health policy knowledge, understanding, and dialogue depends upon the consistent production of high-quality, unbiased, nonpartisan programming for our core audience of federal policymakers and health care leaders, including members of Congress, congressional and executive branch staff, media, and health policy stakeholders.. The Program Assistant will ensure our logistical planning processes run smoothly and will convey a polished, professional image to our speakers and event attendees.
Working with the Alliance’s small and vibrant team and reporting to the Director of Policy and Programs, the Program Assistant will:
- Craft and send invitations to potential speakers for Alliance events;
- Schedule coordination calls with event speakers and provide speaker support leading up to and following Alliance events;
- Review event materials and presentations to ensure consistent formatting, error-free language, and overall accuracy;
- Assemble materials and oversee printing and production of event materials;
- Provide administrative support for programming, including support for the development of event summaries and funder reports, crafting emails, and creating, updating, and maintaining organized files and records, and other related tasks.
The Program Assistant must have a meticulous eye for detail and be a skilled time manager able to juggle preparations for multiple Alliance events simultaneously. He or she will regularly liaise with high-level policy professionals, government officials, and their staff. Excellent judgement and strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
The Program Assistant should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university;
- Ability to work effectively and collegially as a member of a small team and with a range of external stakeholders;
- Professionalism, efficiency, and demonstrated commitment to consistently high-quality, thorough work;
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects;
- Excellent grasp of English grammar/language; superior written communication skills;
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
About the Alliance
The Alliance for Health Policy is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping policymakers understand the foundations of health policy, the roots of the nation’s health care issues and the trade-offs posed by various proposals for change. For 25 years, the Alliance has not only been informing key health policy decision-makers, but also bringing together the larger health policy community to advance dialogue on challenging health policy issues. The Alliance has conducted hundreds of briefings on Capitol Hill on timely and important health policy topics. Our events are among the most widely respected and well-attended inside the Beltway, regularly drawing audiences of 200 or more congressional and agency staff, media, and health policy stakeholders. We do not advocate, lobby, or take positions on policy issues, ensuring our unique reputation as an unbiased, nonpartisan honest broker when it comes to clarifying health policy issues. Whether they are new to health policy or seasoned experts, our audience looks to the Alliance as the trusted source of health policy information.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, November 6, 2018. No phone inquiries please.