With less than two months before the open enrollment period begins for 2018 ACA marketplace coverage, this briefing explored the current individual market landscape and opportunities to bring greater stability to insurance marketplaces in the near term. Panelists discussed the latest challenges and potential solutions, including the fate of cost sharing reductions, efforts to address counties with limited marketplace issuer participation, challenges with rate-setting for 2018, rising premiums, and concerns about the health of the enrollee risk pool.
- Sara Collins, The Commonwealth Fund
- Matt Eyles, America’s Health Insurance Plans
- Brian Webb, National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- Joe Antos, American Enterprise Institute
- Tim Jost, Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Sarah Dash of the Alliance for Health Policy moderated the discussion.
Follow us on Twitter: #MarketStabilization
This briefing was made possible by The Commonwealth Fund.