The debate over the American Health Care Act has put a spotlight on the private insurance market, but the stakes are also high for Medicaid.
This webinar focused on how the AHCA would impact states and Medicaid beneficiaries, how a system of per capita caps would work, what we learned from the Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act, and how states might respond to new waiver flexibility from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. We examined these issues from both the federal and state perspective, and from the perspective of reporters covering this important issue.
- Robin Rudowitz, associate director, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Christopher Pope, senior fellow, Manhattan Institute
- Hemi Tewarson, program director, National Governors Association
- Tony Leys, health reporter, Des Moines Register
- Karl Eisenhower of the Alliance for Health Reform moderated the discussion.
Follow the webinar on Twitter: #AllHealthLive
This webinar is a project of the Alliance for Health Reform and the National Institute for Health Care Management (NIHCM) Foundation, in collaboration with the Association of Health Care Journalists.