This event was Part I of the Alliance’s Health Policy Roundup and 2022 Forecast series. View all events in this series here.
The year 2021 was packed with executive, legislative, and judicial branch activities—including infrastructure bills, reconciliation packages, a Supreme Court ruling on the Affordable Care Act, as well as continued executive actions to combat COVID-19 as the U.S. enters winter and the Omicron variant pushes our health system back into crisis.
This event explored health policy milestones from the past year and their potential impact on 2022. Panelists offered a high-level analysis of the policies that Congress and the administration have pursued to date, potential implementation opportunities and challenges, as well as current health-related court cases.
- Jennifer B. Alton, MPP, President, Pathway Policy Group
- Yvette Fontenot, MPP, Partner, Avenue Solutions
- Katie Keith, J.D., MPH, Director, Health Policy and the Law Initiative, O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, Georgetown University Law Center
- Cindy Mann, J.D., Partner, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Rodney L. Whitlock, Ph.D., Vice President, McDermott+Consulting
- Rachana Pradhan, National Correspondent, Kaiser Health News (moderator)
This event was made possible with support from the Commonwealth Fund.