The Alliance hosted a post-election, half-day symposium previewing critical 2017 health care policy issues. Our panelists reviewed what we can learn from the election results and public opinion, what priorities we can expect for the new Trump administration, and what health care issues will be on the agenda for the new Congress.
Election Results & Health Care Public Opinion
- Robert J. Blendon, Harvard School of Public Health
- Robert J. Blendon Presentation (Adobe Acrobat PDF)
- Moderator: Sarah Dash, Alliance for Health Reform
President-Elect Trump’s Health Care Agenda
- Chris Jennings, Jennings Policy Strategies, Inc.
- Gail Wilensky, Project HOPE
- Moderator: Marilyn Serafini, Alliance for Health Reform
Congress’ Health Care Realities in 2017
** This panel was off the record. **
- Emily Murry, House Committee on Ways and Means, Republican
- Wendell Primus, Office of House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi
- Elizabeth Wroe, U.S. Senate H.E.L.P Committee, Republican
- Moderator: Julie Rovner, Kaiser Health News
Event Program (Adobe Acrobat PDF)
Materials List (Adobe Acrobat PDF)
The Alliance for Health Reform gratefully acknowledges the support of Anthem and Health Is Primary.