This event was Part I of the Alliance’s The Future of Medicare series. View all events in this series here.
Download a summary of this event »
During this session, panelists reviewed the basic mechanisms and facets of Medicare. Panelists provided a high-level introduction to the benefit design of each program; reviewed the mechanisms used to determine payments to providers and health plans under each program; and explored the implications of Medicare payment policy for the delivery system and health care quality.
- Amy Bassano, MPP, Managing Director, Medicare, Health Management Associates
- Matt Kazan, MPP, Managing Director, Avalere
- James E. Mathews, Ph.D., Executive Director, Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC)
- Arielle Mir, MPH, Vice President of Health Care (Complex Care), Arnold Ventures (moderator)
- Gretchen Jacobson, Ph.D., Vice President, Medicare, Commonwealth Fund (moderator)
This series was made possible with support from Arnold Ventures and the Commonwealth Fund.