During this exclusive briefing, former CMS Administrators Nancy Ann-DeParle and Dr. Mark McClellan provided a forward-thinking perspective about the implications of policy changes to the Medicare program for beneficiaries, the delivery system, and the overall financial sustainability of the Medicare program and then respond to audience questions.
- Nancy-Ann DeParle, J.D., M.A., Managing Partner & Co-Founder, Consonance Capital Partners
- Mark McClellan, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Duke-Robert J. Margolis, M.D. Center for Health Policy and Robert J. Margolis, M.D. Professor of Business, Medicine, and Policy, Duke University
- Sarah J. Dash, MPH, President and CEO, Alliance for Health Policy (moderator)
Key Event Takeaways:
- From its beginnings as the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) to its current incarnation as CMS, staff have shown a tremendous commitment to the mission of public service.
- CMS could serve as a vehicle for dismantling structural barriers to accessing services through Medicare funding & program expansion
- Emphasis can be placed on coverage through parts B-D as a means to address social determinants of health