Two days after the oral arguments for Texas v. California, this panel provided an overview of the arguments and questions posed while also addressing procedural next steps. Panelists explored potential outcomes and impacts of various case results, including impacts on access and affordability, health equity and health disparities. Finally, panelists weighed in on Administrative or Legislative options that could be explored in response to the ruling.
- Thomas R. Barker, J.D., Partner, Foley Hoag, LPP, Co-Chair, Healthcare Practice
- Sara Collins, Ph.D., Vice President for Health Care Coverage and Access, The Commonwealth Fund
- Katie Keith, J.D., MPH, Faculty, Georgetown University Law Center
- Jamila Michener, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Government, Cornell University
- Elizabeth Fowler, J.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President for Programs, The Commonwealth Fund (moderator)