Keynote 1: The Importance of the Patient Voice in Health Care
This opening keynote provided an introduction to the “patient voice” and why it’s more important than ever to include patient priorities and needs in all levels of care design, delivery, and measurement. Our speaker tied in themes of advocacy, access, and patient-centeredness to drive better health care and ultimately better health.
- Donna Cryer, J.D., President & CEO, Global Liver Institute
Panel 1: Connecting with Health Care Consumers to Drive Meaningful Change
In this panel, health care consumers and experts discussed strategies for effective communication and shared decision making from the patient and caregiver perspectives. Speakers explored how providers can effectively connect with patients, caregivers, and other advocates to elevate and incorporate their voice into the health care lifecycle, from design to delivery and beyond.
- Mark Humowiecki, J.D., Senior Director and General Counsel, National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs, Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
- Andy Imparato, Executive Director, Disability Rights California
- Karen L. Marshall, J.D., Director of Advocacy and Engagement, National Alliance for Caregiving
- Alayna Tillman, National Consumer Scholar Alumni & Amplify Participant
- Kirsten Sloan, Managing Director, Public Policy, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (moderator)
For the full Summit: Voice of the Patient event listing, click here.