This webinar, held on World Schizophrenia Day in partnership with the Schizophrenia and Psychosis Action Alliance, aimed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the needs of people living with schizophrenia and the implications of the severe, systemic gaps in care often experienced by this population. Panelists explored the role of innovation, care delivery, and policy in alleviating the human and economic toll of schizophrenia, psychosis, and related disorders.
Attendees learned about:
● Schizophrenia, psychosis, and related disorders as serious brain disorders;
● Societal costs and implications of schizophrenia, psychosis, and related disorders from a multi-sector perspective;
● The biomedical innovation landscape and role of patient-focused drug development in improving treatment options for people with schizophrenia;
● Policy and practice opportunities to improve the care system for schizophrenia, psychosis, and related diseases.
- Arundati Nagendra, Ph.D., Director of Research and Scientific Affairs, Schizophrenia & Psychosis Action Alliance
- Holly Krasa, MSc, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Blue Persimmon Group; Secretary Board of Directors, Schizophrenia & Psychosis Action Alliance
- Paul ‘Paulie VanEdWærd’ Benjamin, Tarot Reader, Earth Star, Heart Root
- Katherine Koh, M.D., MSc, Psychiatrist, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Russell Margolis, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine