COVID-19 Webinar Series Overview
This COVID-19 Webinar Series synthesizes the information in the headlines to provide cohesive insight into the status of the response and remaining gaps in the system that must be addressed to limit the severity of the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States.
Session 16 – The Changing Landscape of Primary Care
Primary care providers and other ambulatory care services have played a key role in the COVID-19 pandemic by treating patients at home to ease the burden on hospitals. But the pandemic has disrupted access to these providers. While many are using telehealth to reach patients, visits to outpatient care providers have fallen dramatically. This reduction has created new financial challenges for providers and disrupted care for patients. During this webinar, panelists discussed how ambulatory care providers have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and outlined policy levers to bolster our nation’s primary care infrastructure.
- Asaf Bitton, M.D., MPH, Executive Director, Ariadne Labs
- Sean Cavanaugh, MPH, Chief Administrative Officer, Aledade Inc.
- Caroline DeFilippo, M.D., MPH, FACP, Assistant Medical Director, CareMount Medical
- Eric C. Schneider, M.D., M.Sc., Senior Vice President for Policy and Research, The Commonwealth Fund
- Sarah J. Dash, MPH, President and CEO, Alliance for Health Policy (moderator)
The Alliance for Health Policy gratefully acknowledges the support of the National Institute of Health Care Management (NIHCM) and The Commonwealth Fund for this event.