COVID-19 Webinar Series Overview
This COVID-19 Webinar Series will synthesize the information in the headlines to provide cohesive insight into the status of the response and remaining gaps in the system that must be addressed to limit the severity of the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States.
Special Issue – Perspectives from the Veterans Health Administration
Serving over 9 million veterans across more than 1,200 health facilities, the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) is the largest integrated health system in the United States. During this pre-recorded interview, we spoke with Dr. Richard A. Stone, the VHA’s Executive in Charge. He explained the coronavirus response efforts underway at the Department of Veterans Affairs to meet the needs of veterans and fulfill the department’s “Fourth Mission” to support other health systems responding to this crisis.
Highlighted topics from the conversation include:
- Accelerating the use of telemedicine for care delivery
- Safeguarding the health of veterans in post-acute care facilities
- Increasing mental health surveillance and management capacity
- Preventing supply chain shortages and bolstering provider capacity
- Leveraging VA resources in the national COVID-19 response
Visit https://www.volunteer.va.gov/ to learn more about volunteer opportunities at VA facilities in your area. Additionally, VA is building a Compassionate Contact Corps Program, which facilitates the opportunity for volunteers to connect with Veterans in their local community.
- Richard A. Stone, M.D., Executive In Charge, Veterans Health Administration, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Sarah J. Dash, MPH, President and CEO, Alliance for Health Policy (moderator)
The Alliance for Health Policy gratefully acknowledges the support of the National Institute of Health Care Management (NIHCM) and The Commonwealth Fund for this event.