Session 1: What Just Happened and What Does it Mean for Health Care?
This opening panel provided an analysis of the election results and potential impacts for health care and a look at what consumers want from the health care system through public opinion polling.
- Robert Blendon, Sc.D., Richard L. Menschel Professor and Senior Associate Dean for Policy Translation and Leadership Development, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Liz Hamel, Vice President and Director, Public Opinion and Survey Research, KFF
- Joanne Kenen, Executive Editor of Health Care, POLITICO (moderator)
Session 2: Immediate Priorities for the Next Administration, Congress, and States
In this panel, speakers discussed the gaps in our health care system that COVID-19 exposed and how it will impact the priorities of the incoming administration, Congress, states, and federal courts.
- Clay Alspach, J.D., Principal, Leavitt Partners
- Chris Jennings, Founder and President, Jennings Policy Strategies
- Rachel Nuzum, MPH, Vice President, Federal and State Health Policy, The Commonwealth Fund
- Avik Roy, President, Foundation for Research on Equal Opportunity
- Julie Rovner, Robin Toner distinguished fellow and chief Washington correspondent, Kaiser Health News (moderator)
For the full Post Election Symposium event listing, click here.