Part I of the Alliance for Health Policy’s 2020 Signature Series focused on disruptors and transformers in health care. During this Summit, expert panelists explored the short and long-term impacts of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its potential to significantly transform our health care system.
The Signature Series events are traditionally held in-person in the Nation’s Capital. This year, we turned the Summit into a virtual event to provide even more audiences the opportunity to participate in these cutting-edge discussions.
This week-long event sought to showcase innovations and meaningful conversations through live panels, keynote presentations, online dialogues, and a shared community narrative in the digital world. Speakers discussed disruptive and transformative themes and trends as they relate to COVID-19—new business and care delivery models, technological and scientific advances, health equity, early lessons learned—and what they mean for patients and policy.
With our move to a virtual platform, we strive to stay true to the Alliance’s role as a convener and community creator. We welcomed audience members to participate in the discussion using the hashtag #AHPSummit20 across Twitter and Facebook.
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, July 21
- Panel #1: The Invisible Backbone – Strengthening Supply Chain and Public Health Infrastructure | 12 p.m. EST | Learn more »
- Keynote #1: Perspectives on Health Equity with Dr. Rashawn Ray and Licy Do Canto | 2 p.m. EST | Learn more »
Wednesday, July 22
- Panel #2: Care Delivery Transformation – Integrating Telehealth and Home-Based Care | 12 p.m. EST | Learn more »
- Executive Insights Interview: A conversation with Jenny Bryant of PhRMA (sponsored event) | 2 p.m. EST | Learn more »
Thursday, July 23
- Panel #3: Using Data to Disrupt the Spread of COVID-19 and Prevent Future Pandemics | 12 p.m. EST | Learn more »
- Keynote #2: A Conversation on Innovative Research Approaches to Advance Our Understanding and Treatment of COVID-19 | 2 p.m. EST | Learn more »
Friday, July 24
- Conversations on Twitter throughout the day to survey the audience for key takeaways and reflections from the week.
- Jennifer B. Alton, MPP, Senior Strategy and Policy Advisor, Coalition to Stop Flu
- Christopher P. Austin, M.D., Director, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health
- Jenny Bryant, MBA, Executive Vice President, Policy and Research, PhRMA
- Ravi Chawla, MBA, M.S., Vice President of Informatics, Independence Blue Cross
- Anita Cicero, J.D., Deputy Director, Center for Health Security, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (moderator)
- Sarah J. Dash, MPH, President and Chief Executive Officer, Alliance for Health Policy (moderator)
- Licy Do Canto, Executive Vice President, Managing Director, BCW Public Affairs and Crisis (moderator)
- Nancy Green, President and Founder, The SAA Group, LLC
- Nicolette Louissaint, Ph.D., Executive Director, Healthcare Ready
- Kenneth Mandl, M.D., MPH, Director of Computational Health Informatics, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Deven McGraw, J.D., Cofounder and Chief Regulatory Officer, Ciitizen
- Geoffrey Nudd, MBA, CEO of ClearCare, a WellSky Company
- Anand Parekh, M.D., MPH, Chief Medical Advisor, Bipartisan Policy Center (moderator)
- Jennifer Rakeman, Ph.D., Assistant Commissioner and Laboratory Director, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Rashawn Ray, Ph.D., M.A., David M. Rubenstein Fellow, Governance Studies, Brookings Institution
- Michael Reese Wittke, MPA, Senior Director, Public Policy and Advocacy, National Alliance for Caregiving
- Robert Saunders, Ph.D., Research Director, Payment and Delivery System Reform, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy (moderator)
- Dorothy Siemon, J.D., Senior Vice President, Office of Policy Development and Integration, AARP
- Kaakpema “KP” Yelpaala, MPH, CEO and Founder, access.mobile International
Thank you to our 2020 Virtual Summit sponsors!