COVID-19 Webinar Series Overview
This COVID-19 Webinar Series synthesizes the information in the headlines to provide cohesive insight into the status of the response and remaining gaps in the system that must be addressed to limit the severity of the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States.
Session 18 – Health Inequities: Addressing the Disease Burden in Black, Indigenous, and People of Color Communities
- The disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color communities in the U.S.;
- The drivers of these disparities; and
- Short- and long-term policy options to advance equity and improve COVID-19 outcomes
- Adaeze Enekwechi, Ph.D., MPP, President, IMPAQ, LLC
- Rachel Hardeman, Ph.D., MPH, Associate Professor, University of Minnesota School of Public Health
- Wizdom Powell, Ph.D., MPH, Director, Health Disparities Institute, UConn Health
- Laurie Zephyrin, M.D., MPH, MBA, Vice President, Delivery System Reform, The Commonwealth Fund (moderator)
The Alliance for Health Policy gratefully acknowledges the support of the National Institute of Health Care Management (NIHCM) and The Commonwealth Fund for this event.